- This event has passed.
Leaders in Family Enterprise – “Three Generations of Fine Wine and Family Business” with Jennifer and Fred Johnson
April 6, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Why family business?
- Research suggests that nearly 80-90% of all business globally are family or privately owned. As logic might follow, a vast majority of Johnson and Cornell students will find themselves working in, for or with a family owned business.
- As family business continues to emerge as a field of study, there is a need to understand where application and theory meet or divert. Business owners and leaders will reveal what is currently reality, while esteemed researchers and academics will share what the current thinking is to support the owner’s experience.
- The overlap of family, business and ownership leads to many unique qualities for family firms. These qualities can be the source of market advantage or frequent conflict. Why do certain family businesses succeed while others fail?
This session aims to:
- Increase your awareness of the significance, diversity, and complexity of family enterprises.
- Introduce students to founders and leaders of successful family enterprises across multiple industries.
- Showcase academics who are furthering the understanding of family enterprise.
- Highlight strategies and approaches to business succession, strategy, governance and family wealth planning.
- Engage students in active discussion, dialog and interview techniques.